Wednesday, November 16, 2011

giving thanks: part 1

thank·ful adj \ˈthaŋk-fəl\
Definition of THANKFUL
1: conscious of benefit received
2: expressive of thanks

I meant to start a month-long series of daily posts where I would give thanks for something in my life, but alas, life happened and my "best laid plans" were foiled once again. Nevertheless, all is not lost, so I will just pick up and post as I am able to.

It was a no brainer to dedicate my first post to expressing thanks for two of the most precious gifts in my life: Haylee Grace and Meredith Hope.


They are the apple of my eye, the icing to my cupcake, the light of my life and I feel so blessed to be a part of their lives.



I've loved being a part of every birthday celebration. I've cherished making cookies and other treats in the kitchen with them (well, mostly Haylee, but Meredith is always hanging around). Despite the insanity, I've treasured our trips to Chick-fil-a and our carousel rides at the mall. Christmas is more magical, but in reality, with them, everyday is more magical.




I'm beyond thankful for these two precious lives and have been taught so much about God's love in being with them. And for that, I can never properly express my gratitude...

1 comment:

Meggers1021 said...

So sweet! They are getting so big. I'm thankful for you Rachie! Love you