Monday, June 6, 2011

you make me happy when skies are Gray.

A few weeks ago (or has it already been over a month now), I had the joyous pleasure of helping host a baby shower for my dear friend, Kori and her sweet baby boy, Gray Smith. Since Gray was born premature, he had to spend his first month in the NICU and we were helping her get stocked up in the meantime.


I must preface these pictures by being 100% honest in that I did not help at all with the decoration. As you can see, the other hosts did a bang-up job carrying the zoo animal theme throughout and I loved it all.





Since Kori has a serious sweet tooth (it's no wonder we bonded quickly back in high school), the food was all things sugar. There were hello dollies, mini brownies, red velvet cupcakes, gooey bars, thumbprint cookies, mini root beer floats, candies of all kinds, not to mention the adorable tiered cake, delightful blackberry wine cake and chocolate fountain.





Once we had fallen into a diabetic coma, it was time for presents and there was enough loot to keep the new mommy busy for a solid two hours (or quite possibly, more than that). Not only did she get a ton of essentials from her registry (including some hot new items on the market that I had never seen before), she also received some of the cutest little boy clothes I've ever laid eyes on. Kori's friends and family truly outdid themselves and my heart was overwhelmed by the outpouring of love showered (no pun intended) on her and Gray.




It was such a joyful occasion as we celebrated the miracle of Gray's life and the blessing he has already been for Kori, Jon and all who know them. I was so honored to be able to contribute to such a beautiful day.

No comments: