Thursday, April 21, 2011

better late than never?

So last month, I celebrated the birthdays of two very important people in my life: my dear old Dad and my dear friend (for ~20 years now) Cryssie. I could just let it be and move forward with the blog, but it wouldn't be right so here's the brief recap.

Crystal's birthday was an all day (and all night for that matter) extravaganza that started and ended with wine. We met at Meagan's house and our driver (AKA Bryan) drove us to three different wineries. Moderation was the order of the day and I had the strategy down for the most part.








After our grand tour of Grapevine, we headed back to Meagan and Bryan's for more...wine...and food, of course. The spread was extensive and I think we grazed for about a solid four hours. We also spent some time outside by the fire pit and by the end of the night, most of us received back adjustments, free of charge, from Dr. Freeland. It was such a fun day (and night) to have the fab-4 all together. It felt like high school all over again and I loved every minute of our time.





The very next weekend, we celebrated the life of Mr. Charles Michael, AKA the pops. He requested a very specific cake, and since I don't disappoint, I delivered on a coconut cake with a lemon curd filling and 7-minute icing. It was definitely touch and go there for a while, but it turned out pretty good (if I do say so myself).





But we didn't just eat cake. We also had some delicious barbeque and opened presents.




Cheers to blessed years for both of the birthday peeps!

1 comment:

Meggers1021 said...

Love it! Thanks for posting pics, I'm way behind as usual!!