Friday, January 28, 2011

unspeakable joy.

I interrupt this blog to post a picture that fills my heart with joy that's overflowing.


To some of you, it may just seem like any other picture, but to me, it's so much more. On the one hand, it brings me unspeakable joy to see Haylee embracing her role as an older sister. For those of you who don't know, she wasn't exactly ecstatic to have to share the family's affections when Meredith came along. Slowly but surely, she has begun to come around and I know she will cherish their relationship as the years go by.

But...on the other hand, when I look at this picture, I see my older sister, Michelle (played by Haylee), pushing me (played by a much darker haired Meredith). It almost brings me to tears because in a strange way, I am getting to view myself as a child (hang with me here). When I look at them, I can't help but compare them to my sister and me. I go back to those innocent days as a carefree child...it is such a sweet moment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this picture! I go back to it almost daily, so that I, too, can be filled with joy each time I see it. I can't wait to watch Haylee and Meredith's friendship blossom with the coming years...