Monday, January 3, 2011

blog shoutout

Okay, so I know I have already sang its praises in the past, but I can't help sharing this particular article I just read on the Art of Manliness.

http://artofmanliness.com/2011/01/02/becoming-superhuman-in-2011/

The gist of the article is summed up in the conclusion (written by Brett and Kate McKay):
"People always want to know-what is manliness? As I’ve said before, my definition is really quite simple: striving for excellence and virtue in all areas of your life and fulfilling your full potential as a man. It mean stretching yourself, testing yourself, and ever seeking to become everything you can be. That’s what embracing the Art of Manliness is all about: improving every area of your life-big and small-learning the know-how to be confident and competent in every situation and the knowledge to live life more fully. Living the Art of Manliness is about wanting to be more than the average guy, and striving to be a superhuman man."

I know I am not a male, nor striving for "manliness," but this is such a solid place for direction in a world so void of male instruction. For the most part, there is little to no guidance for men who are looking to be real men. While not being overtly or outright spiritual, it is pretty clear where the author is seeking his wisdom and ultimate moral structure. I so appreciate his writings and his mission behind the website and encourage you to read the full article.

No comments: