Sunday, August 8, 2010

hello old friend.

Well hello there. Didn't expect to have you dropping by, but I'm glad you haven't completely and entirely given up on me (and "abundant life") yet. It seems while making a conscious effort to focus on real life, I inadvertently made the unconscious choice to let the blog go to hell and a hand basket in the interim. I do so apologize to those who hang on my every word for their entire life's happiness, but I hope to catch you up (via photos, of course) on the less than glamorous life that has been going unreported.

Up first on the docket is the celebration of my little Dora, errr, I mean my little Mere-bear's first year of life on this earth. Words cannot describe how precious she is to our family and ever time I look at her, I never cease to marvel at her uncanny resemblance to doo-doo-doo-doo-Dora. How she came from the fruit of my sister's womb, I will never know, but she's beautiful in every way and those big, brown eyes get me every time. She's a glorious gift from our generous Heavenly Father.

Mere's Birthday











Of course, like all good summer's, there has to be some lake time and plenty 'o fun in the sun. This summer has been no different, and I have used it to channel my inner child by playing pool games, jumping off the diving board and doing copious amounts of underwater handstands...ahhh, the good life.

A Myriad of Sunny Memories














In light of starting a new job, Hailey and I hit up the ATX for a couple carefree days which included brunching, lounging, great food, live music and of course, dancing. There were trips to Town Lake, Barton Springs, Bess Bistro, South Congress Cafe, a Spazzmatics concert and our infamous bat caper...such a fun time. Oh, and throw in the bonus of seeing Friday Night Lights being filmed - totally brill.












Let's see, what else can I catch you up on? I have no doubt you can hardly stand much more excitement. I have started co-leading a community group at church which has been such an unbelievable blessing. I am honored to be a part of these girls' lives and have already had such fun memories with them.




Goodness, I'm drawing such a blank. Other than the standard summer parties, pool time, barbeques and such, I've just been enjoying the summer sun and spending plenty of time with the loves of my life: my precious Hay-Hay and little Mere-Bear. I cannot imagine what life was like before they were here and before I was an aunt.




I am truly blessed by a heavenly Father that is both great and good. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. His steadfast love never ceases and His mercies are new every morning. Apart from Him, I have nothing and in Him, I have everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you'd ever be back...SO glad you finally decided to grace us with your blogs again! :) I am loving ALL the pics! Love you, seester ~ xoxoxo